(Ignore the random arrows)
-Uses the cross-section of a tree to illustrate faith development
-Tree grows slowly over time
-Growth depends on environment/care
-Early rings create support for growing tree
-Tree remains the same tree throughout its life
-Stage 1: Experienced faith
-The key to experienced faith in early childhood is observation and reaction
-The needs at this stage are to experience trust, love, and acceptance
-Foster Faith at this stage through warmth, hugs, active listening, and
-The brainwashing begins at this stage (I added this in)
-Stage 2: Affiliated Faith
-The Key to faith for a primary-age is a sense of belonging
-Solidify brainwashing (put this in too sorry)
-The needs for children at this stage of faith development are:
1. A sense of authority
2. A sense of the community and where they belong to
3. Experiences of awe and wonder
-Foster faith by filling the above needs through stories, drama, art, and creative worship experiences in a warm, accepting atmosphere
-Stage 3: Searching Faith
-CRITICAL JUDGEMENT (me, of all faiths including satanism)
-The Needs at this stage of faith development are:
-To establish their own identity
-To know that the religion of the head is equal to the religion of the heart
-Foster faith in adolescents through serious Bible study, retreats, mission trips and service opportunities
-Stage 4: Owned faith
-The Keys to a lasting faith for the adult are: conversion, witnessing, and discipleship
-The Needs in adulthood are to be an example, to find opportunities to witness by word and by lifestyle, and to help others put faith to work
-Foster faith through teaching opportunities and social action as well as bible study and prayer
Judging by how you probably perceive me and my writing by now, you are probably guessing that I am going to reject this theory. However, surprisingly enough, I actually agree with some of the ideas within this tree theory. I believe that any emotion or feeling, including faith, grows over time if it is manifested deep enough inside someone. Whether it is political beliefs, religious beliefs, or something else, those ideals can be nurtured in anyone that is young. With sufficient force and ample persuasion, those ideals can be cemented in youth and further reinforced as they grow older. If someone raised a child and forced them to learn about communism, consistently bashed democracy, and rewarded them for displaying communist ideas, eventually the child would be led to believe that communism is right and democracy is evil, just as Americans believe communism is evil and democracy is good. Religion can be formed the same way, making a child atheist or catholic because they can be easily manipulated. If those beliefs are solidified at the core, the child will grow to be a man unshakeable of his belief. However, if there is any questions unanswered or the core is left partially hollow, the tree could collapse and the child could spiral into the polar opposite of that belief. That individual is left questioning who he is and what he truly believes. My stage is clearly the third stage, searching faith. I question all beliefs, because others are too afraid to do so. I am just a typical teen, searching for answers to questions that Christianity hasn’t been able to answer yet. This faith wasn’t for me, so I began to search elsewhere. I seem to have found satanism, a faith that I understand much more clearly, but even in that faith I am still searching. It poses other questions that I still need to search for answers to, and I may decide that this faith is not for me either. Maybe faith is out the door in general. Searching is a process of discovery, and few make it past the tip of the iceberg of religion, stuck at the hardened metaphorical ice of Christianity. I only wish i could rip their brains away from the brainwashing you implanted in their heads from such a young age (see stages 1 and 2)
Satanism condones any type of sexual activity which properly satisfies your individual desires- be it heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or even asexual, if you choose. Satanism also sanctions any fetish or deviation which will enhance your sex-life, so long as it involves no one who does not wish to be involved.
So I’ve been writing a book for a few years now and I may publish some of it onto here. Don’t know yet, depends on how much popularity this gets
For the type of person who feels the need for an external supernatural parental figure, the responsibility for self-determination explicit in this path would be terrifying. For the Satanist, belief in any actual God or Devil to which one would be beholden is repugnant and stultifying. We “agree to disagree” with those who are spiritually oriented concerning our different approaches to living, hence our advocacy of pluralism in society. We Satanists know that our way is not for everyone. We simply ask that others follow their own path and allow us to be as we are.
But please, all of you believers, understand that we are not simply your “flip side.” We are not Devil-worshippers. We are simply carnal self-worshippers looking to enjoy our lives to the fullest. May you find bliss in your serving of your chosen deity. We certainly will!
As Anton LaVey explained in his classic work The Satanic Bible, Man—using his brain—invented all the Gods, doing so because many of our species cannot accept or control their personal egos, feeling compelled to conjure up one or a multiplicity of characters who can act without hindrance or guilt upon whims and desires. All Gods are thus externalized forms, magnified projections of the true nature of their creators, personifying aspects of the universe or personal temperaments which many of their followers find to be troubling. Worshipping any God is thus worshipping by proxy those who invented that God. Since the Satanist understands that all Gods are fiction, instead of bending a knee in worship to—or seeking friendship or unity with—such mythical entities, he places himself at the center of his own subjective universe as his own highest value. We Satanists are thus our own “Gods,” and as beneficent “deities” we can offer love to those who deserve it and deliver our wrath (within reasonable limits) upon those who seek to cause us—or that which we cherish—harm.
1. Behold the crucifix; what does it symbolize? Pallid incompetence hanging on a tree.
2. I question all things. As I stand before the festering and varnished facades of your haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing scorn: Lo and behold; all this is fraud!
3. Gather around me, Oh! ye death-defiant, and the earth itself shall be thine, to have and to hold!
4. Too long the dead hand has been permitted to sterilize living thought!
5. Too long right and wrong, good and evil have been inverted by false prophets!
6. No creed must be accepted upon authority of a “divine” nature. Religions must be put to the question. No moral dogma must be taken for granted - no standard of measurement deified. There is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes. Like the wooden idols of long ago, they are the work of human hands, and what man has made, man can destroy!
7. He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom.
8. The chief duty of every new age is to upraise new men to determine its liberties, to lead it towards material success - to rend the rusty padlocks and chains of dead custom that always prevent healthy expansion. Theories and ideas that may have meant life and hope and freedom for our ancestors may now mean destruction, slavery, and dishonor to us!
9. As environments change, no human ideal standeth sure!
10. Whenever, therefore, a lie has built unto itself a throne, let it be assailed without pity and without regret, for under the domination of an inconvenient falsehood, no one can prosper.
11. Let established sophisms be dethroned, rooted out, burnt and destroyed, for they are a standing menace to all true nobility of thought and action!
12. Whatever alleged “truth” is proven by results to be but an empty fiction, let it be unceremoniously flung into the outer darkness, among the dead gods, dead empires, dead philosophies, and other useless lumber and wreckage!
13. The most dangerous of all enthroned lies is the holy, the sanctified, the privileged lie- the lie everyone believes to be a model truth. It is the fruitful mother of all other popular errors and delusions. It is a hydra-headed tree of unreason with a thousand roots. It is a social cancer!
14. The lie that is known to be a lie is half eradicated, but the lie that even intelligent persons accept as fact - the lie that has been inculcated in a little child at its mother’s knee - is more dangerous to contend against than a creeping pestilence!
15. Popular lies have ever been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only one way to deal with them: Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers. Exterminate them root and branch. Annihilate them, or they will us!